How to stop sexual harassment in the workplace

When you hear that a woman has been sexually harassed at work, or that someone is sexually harassed by another person, that can send shock waves through your organization.

While we’re not sure what will happen if we take action, there are a number of steps you can take to help ensure that it never happens.


Take the action you want.

If you think it’s unacceptable for someone to sexually harass someone, you can report it.

The first step is to call the perpetrator’s employer, or call the HR department at the company you work for.

When reporting sexual harassment, you’re not saying that you want them fired or that they’ll be fired from the job.

Rather, you want to make sure that they’re fired because of the actions they’ve taken, rather than because of what they’re wearing.

If they’re an employee, you should also report them to HR as soon as possible, and report them through your employer’s HR department.

The HR department will take appropriate action, and you can also talk to them about how you can be more effective.


Speak up.

If someone makes you uncomfortable, you have a right to ask them to leave.

If your company is the only one where harassment happens, it can be difficult to get everyone to leave without being accused of harassment.

You can also speak up to make it clear that you’re going to be a part of your company’s harassment prevention efforts, and that you think your coworkers need help to do their jobs.

You may want to share your experiences with your co-workers or even your own boss, as these conversations can have an impact on how your company treats and responds to harassment.


Tell your boss.

If an employer doesn’t have an internal HR department, you could contact the company’s Human Resources department to ask for an investigation.

That will likely result in a more thorough investigation, and possibly a suspension or firing from the company.

If the HR office is not responsive, you may wish to contact the Human Resources office directly.


Get help from the Human Rights Department.

HR can be an excellent resource if you need to talk to someone outside your workplace about your concerns.

The Human Rights Division of the Human Resource Management at the Department of Labor (DOL) is a federal agency that can help you with your complaint process and get your complaint filed with a specific HR department or agency.

You will also need to file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

The EEOC handles all complaints related to workplace harassment.


Make sure that you have the right documents.

If there are legal or ethical issues with the workplace, it is important to be sure that your complaint is accurate and that it includes all of the required documents, as well as the contact information and phone numbers of the person who harassed you.

If it’s important for you to get your case to a formal hearing, you’ll need to get an affidavit from the person harassing you and provide the following information: the name and phone number of the employer; the name of the employee(s) harassing you; the date of the incident(s); the number of days between the date you reported the harassment to the employer and the date the employer fired you; and the name(s).

This is important so that you don’t miss a chance to get involved in the formal process.


Keep in touch.

While it’s difficult to talk directly with an HR department representative, it’s also important to keep in touch with your HR department via email, and to send them a report about your complaint.

You should also keep in contact with the human resources office at your workplace, and with your coworkers.


Take action.

You have a legal right to file your complaint with an official HR department; but, if you’re being harassed, you also have a human right to be heard.

When you make a complaint, it will help your HR staff and other employees at the employer understand your situation and determine what action to take.

You also have the legal right, even if you don, to be represented by a lawyer or civil rights lawyer to file for a protection order.


Talk to your boss about your complaints.

If at all possible, you need your employer to take action against the harasser.

This will give you some sense of whether your harasser will be disciplined, and how to make that happen.